Obtaining incredible results is nothing new for Dr. Mark Tompkins.
Since 1998, his patients have benefited from his extensive training and undeniable dedication to his profession. His friendly, calm demeanor instantly puts patients at ease. This, combined with his incredible wealth of training, experience and ethics offers patients a truly rewarding and results-oriented experience. Dr. Tompkins can make a difference in the lives of you and your family.
Meet Dr. Tompkins
Dr. Tompkins is committed to providing outstanding care and takes continuing education courses from around the country to be better equipped to deliver superior and cutting edge treatments. In fact, he consistently earns far more continuing education hours than are required by the North Carolina State Dental Board.
Having studied extensively at the world’s premier postgraduate institute, Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies (LVI) www.lviglobal.com, Dr. Tompkins has become extremely proficient and versed in advanced cosmetic dentistry, neuromuscular dentistry (TMJ, TMD, etc.), as well as sleep apnea treatment. In fact, he has earned two fellowships and a diplomate in Dental Sleep Medicine. At the time of this award, there were only four diplomates in Dental Sleep Medicine in the entire state. Most dentists never earn a single fellowship during their entire careers.
Since 2008, Dr. Tompkins has served as a clinical instructor at LVI teaching other dentists from around the world cosmetic and TMJ techniques. He also recently implemented a revolutionary orthodontics concept.
A native of Boone, NC, Dr. Tompkins attended Appalachian State University for two years before transferring to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. There, he earned degrees in chemistry, pharmacy and dentistry. Before completing his dental degree he worked as a pharmacist for three years and finds this experience and education to be very valuable in his dental practice.
A huge sports fan, Dr. Tompkins enjoys following the Tar Heels and traveling to sporting events. He has an interest in tasting wines and sake from around the world. With a passion for travel and the outdoors, Dr. Tompkins and his high school buddies take an annual trip to hike and explore national and state parks. He and his wife Lisa are the proud parents of two beautiful girls and a son.
Dr. Tompkins and his attentive team are all highly trained and strive to make each patient’s visit as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Delivering unsurpassed customer service and excellent results is top priority. Additionally, we realize your time is just as valuable as ours…that’s why we treat only one patient at a time, eliminating the dreaded waiting room stay. This model of care also allows your dental team to provide the highest quality treatment possible, which is rewarding for all involved.
Please call us for more information or to schedule your complimentary consultation.
- Graduated from UNC with degrees in Chemistry, Pharmacy and Dentistry
- Elected by peers as a "Top Dentist" in Charlotte in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Earned fellowship status with the Las Vegas Institute in 2008 (LVIF)
- Earned fellowship status with the Academy of General Dentistry in 2009 (FAGD)
- Earned a fellowship status with The International Association of Comprehensive Aesthetics in 2014 (FIAPA)
- Earned Diplomate of American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine in 2016, only one of four in North Carolina (DABDSM)
- Studied advanced cosmetic dentistry and TMJ treatment at the Las Vegas Institute (LVI) since 2002
- Clinical instructor at LVI since 2008
- Earns 100 to 200 hours of continuing education annually
- Currently has over 2,000 hours of post-degree training
- Member of the International Association of Physiological Aesthetics, International Association of Orthodontics, NC Dental Society, Academy of General Dentistry, American Dental Association, American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine, Iredell County Dental Society, and past member of the Greater Charlotte Study Club
- Sought out as legal consultant/expert for dental-related cases
- Served as Secretary, Vice President and President of the Iredell Dental Society
- Served as Board of Directors for the Lake Norman Optimist Club
- Active in Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Better Business Bureau of Greater Charlotte
- Member of PSI Omega professional dental fraternity
- Awarded the American Academy of Dental Practice Administration Award for demonstrating the most professional growth in managerial skills while in dental school